Thursday, January 5, 2012

CVS = Winning 1/4/12

Yesterday was the first time I've ever asked to have my purchase broken up into 2 seperate transactions, but it paid off in spades! 

Transaction #1:
4 Nivea Lip Balms
On sale for 2/$5
Used 4 $1 MQ
Used $1 ECB
Paid $5.82
Received $5 ECB

Transaction #2:
Always Pads  On sale 2/$6                                         Used 1 $1 MQ and 1 $2 MQ
CVS Cotton Balls on clearance for $0.49
Dawn Diswashing Soap on sale for $0.99                    Used $0.50 MQ
Charmin Basic 9 roll on sale for $5.49                         Used $0.25 MQ
Pampers Baby Dry Box on sale for $18.99                  Used $1 MQ
Used $10 ECB from my Excedrin deal last week
Used $5 ECB from my Nivea lip balm purchase
Used $1 ECB from my green bag tag
Paid: $12.18
**But that's not the best part!  The items I purchased were part of CVS' weekly Spend $30 on participating products get a $10 CVS gift card promotion! 

So in the end I spent $18 out of pocket and got $10 back! 
Now seriously folks, for anyone who thinks couponing is stupid, think about the fact that a bag of diapers (which is less than half of the diapers in the box I bought) costs $9.49 on average.  Pretty darn amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment