Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas Q & A

I may be a smidge on the unconventional side, but I love all the tradition and memories that Christmastime brings.  This is by far my favorite holiday of the year and I hope for nothing more than to pass that love on to Elliott and Zoe.  Some of my fondest memories of my mom and my youth are sparked when getting out our decorations and it's a day I live and breathe for!  So here are some fun Q & As for you to read and pass along!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate for sure, egg nog is vile
2. Does santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them in special Santa paper

3. Colored lights on tree or white? Colored, I think it just makes the tree feel "warmer"
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, I've got all the smooches I need covered

5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving, we start the day getting the Christmas music blaring and go from there!
6. what is your favorite holiday dish? GBC (green bean casserole), with twice the recommended amount of French's Onions!
7. Favorite holiday memories? 
       Where to start...
  • My mom covering the house in decorations. 
  • Mom accidentally stepping on our dog while putting together the tree then yelling : "Well, what did you think was going to happen?". 
  • Christmas meals with the ENTIRE family at the Cornhusker when I was little
  • Silver Bells with a lisp
  • Candy Cane Lane
  • Our babies first Christmases
  • Being sneaking and getting the lighthouse picture my mom wanted so badly and suprising her on Christmas day
  • The HUGE flocked tree in our Grandma's living room
Like I said, this is my favorite time of the year, I really could go on and on and on!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about santa? WHAT?!?!  I still whole heartedly believe in Santa! ;)

9. Do you open a gift on christmas eve? We used to with my mom, but now we wait for the excitement of Christmas morning
10. How do you decorate your christmas tree? Multi colored lights and ornaments that I've collected from my youth until now.  Every single one is special!
11. Snow! love it or dread it? We live in Nebraska, I hate it.  Mostly because it lasts FOREVER!
12. Can you ice skate? Not even gonna try it, I'm no Dorothy Hamel!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One year my mom got my sister and I matching Diamonique channel set band rings.  They are beautiful, timeless and always make me smile.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Continuing to foster the love of the holidays and the beautiful memories with my kids
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin Pie!  Seriously, get out of the way, because I will trample you.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching A Christmas Story all day!
17. What tops your tree?  Right now, a star...I'm looking for something different.  I suggested this:
 Carbon Atom Tree Topper, but that went over like a Led Zeppelin ;)

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? of course it is always fun to receive, but my favorite is giving

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum, in small doses
20. Favorite christmas show?  Thats a seriously tough call.  Probably for myself, Christmas Vacation or Merry Christmas Charlie Brown.  I don't think there could be a more perfect half hour of happiness than Snoopy. 
For the kids, they love Prep and Landing and Santa Claus is Coming To Town
21. Saddest christmas song? Silver Bells

22. What is your favorite christmas song? Holly Jolly Chirstmas, Christmas Island and for some crazy reason Dominic the Donkey ;)

So what about you?  What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions and memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment