Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Russ's Market Deals 12/13/11

I'd like to start this post by saying that I'm not a huge fan of Russ's Market.  I think that in general they are overpriced and their "super sales" are average prices.  I also would just prefer to see my items ring up at the sale price rather than wait for my Privelage Plus card to go thru and *hope* it all comes out right.  The two redeeming factor for Russ's are "The Aisle of Shame" and fresh deli meats and good produce.

Normally we stop at the Russ's on 33rd & Highway 2, but I've been diappointed with the clearance items lately and decided to take a walk on the wild side and go to the 17th & Washington location.  What an excellent move!

Braeburn apples for $0.79/lb
Bananas for $0.39/lb
Keebler Crackers 2/$4 minus $1/2 MQ
Lunchables 2/$5 (I would normally NEVER buy these, but each package had a $1 off peel off sticker making them $1.50 each.  Each includes meat, cheese, crackers, oreos and mandarin oranges!)
Fairbury Beef Hotdogs $4.38 - these also had $2 peel off coupons making them $2.38, a great price on the only hotdogs worth eating!

So don't discount a store completely because it's not in the nicest neighborhood, you may be walking out with a heck of a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment