Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Perspective

What am I thankful for this time of year...my two beautiful kids who make each day an adventure.  My husband, who torments me into loving him ;) my family who always lets me know I'm loved, my job for keeping me sane and making me feel appreciated. 

I'm also thankful that over this past year I've figured out how so slowly but surely change my life thru wiser spending habits.  Its not just couponing or deal hunting.  It's about learning to save, spending money on things that matter and teaching my children the value of a dollar.  Or 5 cents for that matter. 

I'm thankful that for the first time in years we have money in savings.  And not just for 2 months following our tax returns, I mean money we've actually SAVED! 

I'm thankful that there is a whole closet of food, snacks, paper products and health and beauty products in my basement.  And I'm even more thankful that I'll be able to donate some of it to the womens and childrens shelter this year. 

I'm thankful that I have almost all of my holiday shopping complete and I don't have to leave my home on Black Friday.

And I'm incredibly thankful for you!  Thanks for stopping by.  Whether you are a faithful follower or  you just happened to stumble onto this humble little blog, thanks! 

Now enjoy your turkey tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that, and the day after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment