Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Family Dollar...who knew?

Yesterday was the first time I've ever ventured into Family Dollar.  Don't get me wrong, I love stores like that...I frequent the Dollar Tree probably once a month.  Dollar General maybe a few times a year, but it's a little out of the way.  But Family Dollar has been neglected, I think mostly due to the fact that it isn't in the nicest part of town. 
I would have to give it an enthusiastic 1 1/2 thumbs up!  Not quite two, but more than one.  Their general merchandise was pretty reasonably priced, some lower than Target and Walmart, and you can still use your coupons there. 
We specifically went in for this little gem:
Just Like Home My Very Own Kitchen
My Very Own Kitchen!  Except ours is green instead of blue, perfect for a little lady!  And the best part?  $20!  This exact same item was selling on Target.com for $35 and on JCPenny for $39.  What a steal huh? 

Moreover, I love stores like this because you never know what goodies you'll find.  I LOVE Christmas, it's positively my favorite holiday and decorating is the cats pajamas!  And lucky me, I found a new trinket to add to my collection:
Gisela Graham Wooden We Wish You A Merry Christmas Tree Ornament
The one I got is actually red, and you can't tell from the picture, but its sparkly!  YEAH!

Don't be ashamed, go out there and give those bargain stores a look, you never know what goodies you'll find!

No comments:

Post a Comment