Monday, November 21, 2011

Cereal, the bain of my shopping existence...


If you have any young kids at home you know how much cereal you can go thru.  Also, that they tend to desire the most expensive and unhealthy cereals known to man.

What type of lucky charms do you have? Image
I'm looking at you Lucky!

So of course when Halloween rolled around and Count Chocula, Boo Berry and Franken Berry hit the shelves, Elliott was drawn like a moth to a flame.  I will not under any circumstances pay more than $1.50 for a box of cereal...so every time we saw those cereals for 6 weeks there was a shit fit and a long winded explanation.  Let me tell you, I practially got down on my knees and thanked my lucky stars when we stopped at Super Target yesterday and found Boo Berry on clearance for $1.33 a box!  Even better was that I had a $1.50/3 coupon, making 1 box totally free! 

Also, we hit the jackpot at HyVee with the Chex cereals...I've been dying to make some good old fashioned chex mix since it got cold out.  HyVee had their Chex on sale 3/$5 and I had a $1 off coupon!  $4 for 3 boxes of cereal, get out of town!  Now I just need to get all the other goodies and we'll have one serious cool weather snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment