Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sometimes you gotta splurge!

So an extra $40 may not seem a lot of money to you.  And in the great scheme of things, it's not to me either.  But like I've said, I'm a tightwad...

I have not had my hair cut in over 2 years, not even a trim.  Granted, the whole point was to grow it out, and I did.  But it was to the point where even a ponytail looked like crap.  And it's hard to feel good about yourself when you're 50 pounds overweight and you are sporting an "unruly mop of hair" as my mother always proclaimed hers to be.

I broke down, I made an appointment with my lovely neighbor Kelly and got my hair did! 
For those of you who live in Lincoln, check out the Black Dahlia on 13th & Arapahoe, you would never know it's there, but it's an awfully nice salon, and a heck of a deal too!  For $40 (which includes tip), I got my hair cut and my (dare I say it) lip waxed. 

I feel like a whole new woman, and maybe feeling better about my hair is the first step to taking better care of myself and looking better all around. 

Who knows...all I know is that $40 was worth spending to look and feel like a lady again!

No comments:

Post a Comment