Thursday, July 21, 2011

WhoNu? - A Review

So when I saw the $1 off coupon in the paper a few weeks ago for WhoNu (nutrition rich cookies) I was pretty skeptical.  Most cookies that tout any sort of nutrition or organic tag taste like a 4 letter word ;)

But when another coupon came out for Buy One Get One Free I thought...well, I'd better give it a try.  HyVee has these cookies on sale 2/$6 right now, so for $1.50 a box, it's worth a shot right?  Right.

We bought the knock off Oreos and the chocolate chip kinds and let me tell you, they are damn fine!  The chocolate chip cookies taste exactly  like Chewy Chips Ahoy (a Nightengale household favorite), and the oreo kind aren't quite the same (as if anything could compare to an oreo cookie). 

But I digress, the best part is the nutrition part.  3 cookies in a serving equals:
As much fiber as a bowl of oatmeal
As much Vitamin C as a cup of blueberries
As much Vitamin A as a 8oz glass of tomato juice
As much Calcium and Vitamin D as an 8oz glass of milk
As much iron as a cup of spinach
As much Vitamin E as two cups of carrot juice
and all for the whopping total of 150 calories. 

Holy crap, I'm never going to buy another cookie again!  Plus they come in a nice resealable package to keep them fresh! 

And just in case you are wondering, WhoNu isn't paying me for my opinion...but they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment