Thursday, June 16, 2011

This Post Is Bananas; B-A-N-A-N-A-S

So what do you get when you buy 3 lbs of bananas and put them on top of the fridge.  Brown fracking bananans.  I totally forgot the bunch was up there since we've been eating apples and berries like they are going out of style. 

Once these wrinkled abomonations were discovered I cursed my stupidity, until I remembered a blog I'd read that mentioned banana ice cream.  Sooooo... here's what became of our bananas.

3 were sliced onto wax paper and frozen.  Remove from the freezer & allow to thaw for 5 minutes and put into your blender (or food processor if you are lucky enough to have one).  I added a shot of blueberry pomegranate juice and voila - a tasty and healthy summer time treat.  We totally loved it and if you try it & have a better variation, please let me know!

The remaining 4 bananas will be made into banana bread today.  Elliott loves to help with this receipe since he can smash the bananas up and all the other ingredients are dry, so he can pour everything into the bowl. 

Pretty excellent use of less than $2 worth of produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment