Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stockpiling - Not Hoarding

So recently I've begun building a stockpile at home...this isn't as insane as it sounds; trust me.  First off, I only have 2 cupboards for my pantry items, so that becomes full awfully quick, causing me to resort to stashing stuff in every available spot. 

But also, with the whole "stay at home mom" situation on the immediate horizon, it's best for me to buy as much as I can when it's cheap so that theoretically I never have to pay full price for anything.  Fingers crossed on that one! 

So here are the pics of what I've accumulated thus far:
In the hallway built-in: paper towels, dishwashing detergent, swiffers, trash bags & in the boxes are cosmetics & beauty products like tooth paste & toothbrushes.  The bathroom cupboard picture didn't show up, but that is full of shower soap, shampoo, deoderant, baskets of free samples, razors etc...

Jammed in the corner of our office (much to my husband's chagrin), the first stockpile shelf...behold the beauty of money saved! 

Pasta, hamburger helper, pretzel chips, rice, coffee, cookies

Cereal, granola bars, macaroni, canned veggies, peanut butter & the chef

Powerade & condiments

Pop & dog treats

Now I'm not foolish enough to believe that this is the food I'll use to feed my family every day, or that having pop on hand makes me a better "home economist".  But knowing that I paid a fraction of the regular shelf price, and that I don't have to run to the store for these things makes me feel like I'm doing a pretty decent job overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment