Thursday, June 30, 2011

Doctor Doctor Give Me the News, I've Got a Bad Case...of Grocery Blues

Someone recussitate me please!  I just spent almost $90 at Hy-Vee.  That is so unlike me and I don't think I've done that in almost 6 months.  The worst part is knowing that I still have fireworks to buy in a few days.  But I digress.  There are sometimes that it's worth spending that little extra, and for me the 4th of July is one of those times.

So the trip to Hy-Vee; now I can't feel TOO bad because that total includes:
15 Powerade
6 lbs of hamburger
2 lbs of chicken
2 tubs of hummus
1 can of formula
2 gallons of milk
Now all of that alone should have cost approximately $75 full retail price
I got produce and crackers and chips on top of all of that, so it's worth the up front cost to have what we need for a few weeks.  Plus, most suprising of all, I only used 5 coupons...WTF? 

No comments:

Post a Comment