Thursday, May 12, 2011

Parenting Fail/Victory

So last night we hit up both Super Target & HyVee (tons of fun with a 4 year old and an 11 month old, let me tell you).  They did not blow my budget, as a matter of fact I was $25 shy of my $100 a week goal. 

Anyhoo, I was afraid I wouldn't have time to make dinner and I told Elliott he could have a Happy Meal if he was good at Target.  Needless to say he was not.  AT ALL.

We usually get thru the store without a lot of trouble, but it's the check out lane where I require a size XS straight jacket and ball gag.  But I'm pretty sure someone would butt in and call CPS.

So here I am trying to check out, make sure all my clearance crap rings up at the right price and that all my coupons go thru.  And where is my son?  Hanging off the rails ouside the Pizza Hut stand and talking to everyone in sight.  Then when I finally get him over to my lane he proceeds to grab the thing-a-ma-bob that removes the electronic sensors from clothes & games, and walks about 10 feet away from the check stand with it...and lets go.  That thing went flying thru the air and whapped the next customers cart with brute force. 

Happy Meal Lost.

Elliott cried from the moment we walked out the store and I told him he wouldn't get the prized boxed meal until we had been home for 20 minutes and he passed out. 
But that's not the best part.  McDonalds is on our way home.  So I pulled into the parking lot and told him "Too Bad, So Sad, Happy Meal you wish you had.  Now wave to those golden arches and tell them you're sorry you can't eat dinner here because you didn't listen to your mother at the store!"

OMG I'm mean sometimes.  But while we were eating our homemade dinner he looked right at me and said "Sorry mama, this is way better than McDonalds"

#WINNING

No comments:

Post a Comment