Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My New Big Adventure

For those of you that don't know me all that well, here's the run down:  Right now I'm working full time at a small but busy outpatient surgical center.  I LOVE what I do and the friends I've made.  I also have two beautiful kids, Elliott is 4 1/2 and Zoe will be a year next week.  My husband is an executive chef and two fantastic local resteraunts, and is currently working an average of 80 hours a week.  Needless to say, most days the inmates run the asylum around here! 

Well my rock hard shell has finally been cracked and I've decided that it's high time that I spend more time with my family.  Josh's hours are anything if long and inflexible, so it's up to me to adjust, and that's just what I'm doing. 

Next week is the last week I'll be working full time for (hopefully) the next two years.  I plan on working part time for the following 2 months, and then just before Elliott starts Pre-K, I'll be done working.  I have NEVER been unemployed since I was 14 years old, and the prospect is both incredibly exciting and terrifying.

So now it's really time to put the frugal pedal to the metal so to speak.  Granted we'll save a ton on child care, not having an income of my own will be weird to say the least.  Be prepared readers, for the exploits that will insue to save this family a buck, or even a dime!  And trying my "side hustle" as one of my favorite bloggers puts it.  I know there are ways to make a little cash on the side, now it's time to give it a shot.  Enjoy the madness!!!  BUHUHUWHAHAHAHA!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You will continue to have the hardest, yet most rewarding job you will ever have. Even though you will never get a paycheck, don't plan on calling in sick or saying "I quit!" Later on down the road you will look back at staying home to raise your childern as one of your happiest times of your life. Your blog makes me reflect on how organized and wonderful you are. I know you will continue to succeed as you give your family and yourself the greatest gift of all!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, you just broke my heart!
    I think about how you made your life work around Jack and how much you were able to give to him and I hope to do the same for Elliott (frightening that he was almost the same age then as my son is now!)...
    And I feel like I've already missed so much with Zoe.
    There is no compensation in the world that can outweigh the love of you children!

    ReplyDelete