Monday, May 30, 2011

Couponing Elation & Devestation

Can you believe that all in the same day I had a huge victory and a tear inducing defeat?  Darn it!

Well first for the good news: Victory @ CVS!!!
4 Mars Candies - $2 (Earned $1 ECB)
2 Pampers - (Earned $2 ECB) - Used 1 $1.50 and 1 $1.00 coupon
Childrens Advil - used 1 $1.00 coupon
2 Honey Nut Chex Mix - used 2 $0.55 coupons
*Also had $5 ECB to redeem and a $5 off $25 CVS coupon (for being an email subscriber)
Grand Total: $13.25 out of pocket plus $3 ECB back = $10.25

Now for the bad news: Defeat @ Super Target
So I found a good deal on some clearance Willy Wonka candies - yippee, as I stuck my coupons from my binder into my paper clip of all coupons I'd prepared to use, what did I discover?  That my damn paper clip and broken and somewhere in the store I had dropped at least $20 in coupons.  This includes a Gerber formula check for $5 that I needed for some premade formula, an excellent set of coupons to stack for Kraft cheese, BOGO for Gourmet potatoes and free deoderant.  What really pisses me off is that the formula check has MY NAME on it and you are supposed to check the persons ID to verfiy it's use.  All the same, I did pretty well, got the sundries and produce that we really needed. 
Grand Total: $59.87, but subtracting the almost $15 in socks for Josh and $8 for shoes for Zoe (Elliott's birthday present for her), that brings my actual grocery total to: $36.87.

Not too bad for a day's work.  Still...whoever you are with my coupons, "I fart in your general direction."

No comments:

Post a Comment