Monday, May 9, 2011

Cheap Entertainment

If you think I'm about to talk about how to go on a dinner & a movie date on the cheap, think again.  That is the one splurge for my husband and I...he is a chef and might I say a little picky.  When we go out to dinner it is such a rare treat that we really go to town and always plan on spending $100 on dinner.  Plus we are damn good tippers; when you've worked in food service you know (ahem, cheapskates out there), that servers make $2.13 an hour and LIVE off of tips - pay them well!!!

Back to my original intention...cheap entertainment.  If you have children, you know that they can be their happiest when playing with anything that's not a toy ie: cookie cutters, the box the toy came in etc...

With Elliott though, his greatest entertainment is being wild.  Yes, I admit it, I let that kid run himself ragged being the crazy 4 year old that he is.  Last night, fresh out of the tub and butt naked, he ran from one end of the house to the other hollering "Watch how fast I can run"!!! This went on for, I kid you not, 40 minutes!  While I do admit this was cuter going than coming, it was hilarious all the same.  He makes me laugh and gets a good belly laugh from the baby as well. 

And that's (as they say), entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment