Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Big ONE

It occured to me today that I might need to consider planning Zoe's 1st birthday party since she turns "THE BIG ONE" in 1 month and 5 days.  (How did that happen so quickly?!?)

My frugal tip of the day: Don't buy a ton of crap.  Simple as that. 
I don't know about you, but I get irritated when we attend a birthday party and Elliott leaves with a bag full of dangerous plastic junk from the dollar store.  Not worth it.  I'm pretty sure my family and friends will love us, even without that thoughtful parting gift.
Also, shop on line.  Party America is the worlds biggest rip off - $5 for napkins my left foot. 
I ordered these darling plates for cake, a balloon and invitations for a total of $17.  All the other decorations I'll get at the dollar store: colored napkins, balloon bouquet, cups etc...  And with the cake included I'll probably spend less thatn $50. 
Throw in the Kohls gifts I got this morning for $5 and the free hostess gift from when I (briefly) sold Discovery Toys, and you've got one awesome - and frugal - first birthday for the sweetest girl I know.

1 comment:

  1. This year, I didn't really buy the kids a lot for their birthdays because I knew they would get a ton of gifts at their parties. Funny thing is they really didn't react any differently than when I had spent a ton of money on past birthdays....

    ReplyDelete